In the role of Upstairs Operator in the plastics department you will be responsible for the following:
- Perform all job duties in a safe and productive manner. Cooperate with upstairs crew leader and coordinate breaks with crew leader.
- Load and clean ribbon blenders.
- Weigh compound ingredients.
- Sample and transfer samples to lab.
- Housekeeping in assigned area.
- Clean out blenders between compound runs. Check and clean exhaust fans. Change filters after each blend.
- Clean blender area.
- Charge blenders.
- Clean silos, including silo scales.
- Assist in running scrap on Banbury system when called for.
- Complete all paperwork properly.
- Report any problems with your equipment immediately: this includes any powder, water, steam, and air or oil leaks.
- Assist in cleaning other areas within the department.
- Complete any other assignment given to you by your Crew Leader or Supervisor.
- Maintain a reasonable level of quality production
- Keep work station clean at all times.
- Assist other blender loaders when necessary in order to maintain production.
- All blender loader functions listed above.
- Read and understand schedule.
- Add bulk oil and resin to blenders.
- All Blender Loader functions listed above.
- To make sure that small ingredients are weighed and labeled correctly.