Celebrating over 90 years…
Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global material science company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 9 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, Belgium and Germany.
In all our businesses we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products and custom service. Positions offered are both challenging and rewarding and have excellent growth opportunities.
The Compensation and Benefits Analyst supports the development, implementation, and administration of employee benefit and compensation programs for Teknor Apex in order to attract, retain and motivate employees. This person conducts analytical assessments and evaluations to understand complex issues in order to support decision making, policy development, system development, and administration of related programs.
• Analyzes company compensation policies in relation to government wage and hour regulations, prevailing rates and benchmarking for similar jobs in comparable industries and/or geographic areas, and recommends changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitiveness.
• Participates in compensation survey programs that support data collection and analysis of market trends and practices.
• Analyzes organizational pay practices and makes recommendations for salary changes to ensure equity.
• Coordinate with HR Managers to ensure accurate job descriptions for positions in organization. Conducts job analysis to determine appropriate salary levels according to compensation guidelines and policy.
• Assist in the planning, implementation and administration of employee benefit programs such as health insurance, retirement, disability & life insurance, employee assistance, and other plans.
• Analyze and evaluate services, coverage, and options available to determine programs best meet the needs of the organization.
• Negotiates and contracts with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants for services, premiums and plan administration. Recommends benefit plan changes to management. Serves as a company contact with third party vendors providing benefits to employees. Develops, recommends, and monitors budget allocations for employee benefits.
• Analyzes participation and utilization for all benefits on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Analyzes benefits experience for cost-control and risk-assessment factors. Uses data to monitor trends and recommend initiatives, benefit plan changes, vendor changes, and cost sharing.
• Interfaces with vendors of all outsourced functions including retirement plan record keepers, insurance carriers, COBRA and any other current or future outsourced providers.
• Ensures compliance of benefits administration with federal and state laws, including IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
• Ensures timely completion and submission of required reports, such as annual Form 5500 filings. Provides information to consultants and auditors for benefit plan testing.
• Minimum of 5 years of HR experience working with benefit and compensation programs required.
• BA / BS in Human Resources, Accounting or Finance
• Benefits and Compensation certification course work preferred
Competencies: Analytical Thinking * Attention to Detail * Critical Judgment * Decision Making * Impact and Influence * Interactive Communication * Organizational Awareness * Planning and Organizing * Teamwork * Work Ethics and Values * Compensation and Benefits Administration
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.