Celebrating over 90 years…
Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global material science company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 9 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, Belgium and Germany.
In all our businesses we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products and custom service. Positions offered are both challenging and rewarding and have excellent growth opportunities.
Lead our team in the role of Analytical Lab Manager. In this position you will plan, direct and coordinate the technical and operational activities of the Corporate Analytical laboratory. Prepare annual expense and capital budgets. Be responsible for personnel and performance decisions. Collaborate with technical professionals from all of the different businesses within Teknor Apex providing analytical solutions to their technical challenges. Participate as an analytical expert in meetings with internal and external customers.
• Manage all aspects of analytical laboratory including method validation, equipment, and data systems
• Ensures that customer expectations are met including the quality and timeliness of analyses in a fast paced working environment
• Keeps abreast of new analytical technologies, and incorporates these technologies in to the Corporate Analytical lab as necessary
• Initiates and coordinates evaluations of new technology and instrumentation including technical and financial assessment
• Responsible for development of new test methods
• Responsible for global coordination of test methods and equipment
• Acts as a resource and liaison between scientists and support groups ( EHS, Technical, Manufacturing, Quality)
• Collaborates with technical peers on R&D and special projects
• Provides technical direction, training opportunities and mentoring to the Corporate Analytical Lab to improve their technical skills.
• Adheres to and promote all company initiatives related to safety and quality
• Write and follow applicable SOP’s as needed
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• MS in Analytical Chemistry. BS degree in analytical chemistry will be considered in conjunction with significant experience
• 8 to 10 years of related technical experience and
• 3+ years of management experience in an analytical lab
Our top performers possess the following core competencies:
Attention to detail * Experience * Education level * Planning and organizing * Developing others * Critical judgement * Work ethics and values * Problem solving * Interactive communication * Concern for safety * Team leadership * Knowledge of current analytical methods * Knowledge of instrumentation * Development of analytical methods
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.