As a Unit Operator you will be responsible to operate safely and efficiently in all areas of the Nylon Manufacturing Plant: extrusion, blender loading, laboratory, and materials handling.
Overall Job Functions :
- Follow machine set-up and clean-out requirements according to batch cards.
- Follow safety guidelines for all areas of the manufacturing plant.
- Must use good documentation practices.
- Must adhere to good housekeeping practices in assigned area.
- Follows all written and verbal instructions from Crew Leaders, Engineers and Managers.
When Performing Extruder Operations:
- Starts machine and sets controls according to the process sheet to regulate vacuum temperature and synchronizes speed of extrusion.
- To run the extrusion line in an efficient manner.
- Loads machine hopper with mixed materials.
- Operates pelletizing machine to cut strands to proper length.
- Measures extruded articles for conformance to specifications and adjust controls to obtain product of specified dimension.
- Examines extruded product for defects and takes samples to the laboratory for testing.
When Performing Loading Operations:
- Follow instructions on the recipe/batch cards for a proper blend/mix.
- Weigh and mix pelletized, granular, or powdered thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments.
When Performing Materials Handling Operations (Packaging, Shipping, Receiving, etc.) :
- Operate material lifts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Read and understand pick tickets and box labels to ensure the proper material is obtained.
- Unload trucks as needed and put materials into warehouse inventory using company software.
- Package material produced from the extruder according to customer or plant specifications.
- Perform inventory duties when required.
When Performing Laboratory Testing Duties:
- Must read and follow laboratory-testing procedures. Observing any discrepancies in testing results, procedures, calibration, etc.
- Must document test results accurate and generate Certificate of Analysis (COA) from the test results.
Shifts available: 2nd Shift