Position: Services - Building & Grounds
Department: Facilities Maintenance
Shift: 7am to 3:30pm
Overview: To maintain a safe and clean environment on company grounds, as well as, the structural integrity of the buildings. Must perform all duties as well as assist in all buildings and grounds work.
- Perform all grounds keeping duties as required as well as shovel snow, carpentry, painting,
move furniture, trim/prune hedges, trees, maintain litter control, keep dumpster area clean of
debris, perform new planting and fertilize.
- Perform all carpentry duties as required, as well as, door hardware and lock repairs, rood
- Support Custodians as required.
- Support building and grounds Supervisor in the direction of the summer student help program.
- Observe all safety rules, company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Able to work in different weather conditions for long periods of time. Shoveling snow is a requirement of this position.
- Be in good physical condition to lift loads in excess of 50 lbs.
- Maintain inventory of daily used materials.
- Keep all equipment in good working order.
- Work effectively with others in a team effort to complete jobs.
- Able to work with various cleaning chemicals and paints.
- Able to work from a ladder at various heights.
- Knowledge of tree, lawn and shrub care as well as being able to determine specific fertilizer
products for various applications.
- Able to effectively clean, prep and paint using proper techniques.
- Good training/finish techniques.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints