Join our Supply Chain organization in the role of Commodity Buyer III. In this senior level position you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Sourcing Strategies for assigned commodities, managing relationships with key and strategic suppliers, and securing supply to support our demand requirements. This includes price negotiations, communications to all internal and external customers,, training of personnel, and coordinating with Buyer/Planners and Plant personnel on demand requirements and trends.
Strategic Sourcing/Procurement Process:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Sourcing Strategies for assigned commodities in line with Strategic Sourcing Process.
- Develops comprehensive overview of business requirements to achieve in each negotiation through communication & alignment with appropriate internal Business Units/Service Units.
- Aligns & communicates the results of negotiations to management and all other functions/plants impacted and obtains approval on appropriate path forward and final award decision.
- Provides purchasing support for all assigned products to all corporate functions including production, planning, maintenance, customer service/sales, and engineering functions
- Develop strong market knowledge of assigned commodities including market dynamics, supply/demand balances, internal demand, investments, capacity, constraints, and price drivers
- Coordinates existing supplier purchases as well as identifies and recommends alternatives in accordance with department procedures
- Actively conducts should cost modeling for assigned commodities on monthly basis and communicates performance vs market, trends, price forecasts, and current market conditions to internal stakeholders
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Develops comprehensive Supplier Dossier in line with SRM process requirements
- Manages assigned Key/Strategic Suppliers including development of mutual goals between the parties
- Negotiates price, terms and delivery for goods and services as authorized by management.
- Facilitates problem resolutions when suppliers fail to perform in accordance with contractual obligations or with agreements.
- Supervises SCARs in accordance with established department procedures and works with suppliers to develop comprehensive corrective action plans to prevent future occurrence
- Perform quality system audits of suppliers as designated by management.
- Develops holistic view of major risks for assigned commodities in line with Risk Management process
- Leads cross functional team in assessment of risks and collaboratively develops comprehensive risk mitigation plans and action items
- Tracks and reports regularly on existing risks and status of risk mitigation measures.
- Conducts quality system and other training as required by corporate document control procedures or other needs of the Department.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This includes maintaining all agreement costs for their area of responsibility, which drives cost standards used for finished product quoting.
- Coordinates the buying process from the point of supplier and agreement set up through to the payment authorization. This includes resolution of receipt, price, terms and delivery discrepancies.
- Supports the Buyer/Planners in optimizing inventory levels by helping them complete make-buy analysis and review alternate purchase quantities, methods, or packaging